There are lots of differences between the types of childcare you can use. Try to visit several different options in your area to get an idea of what would best suit your child.
Take your child with you to see how staff talk to him or her. Try to visit a childcare setting when children are there so you can see if they are calm, happy and busy.
Here are some suggested questions to ask when you visit:
1. How long have you been working with children?
2. How have you learned your job eg any qualifications?
3. Can I look round the building to see the rooms and the outside play space?
4. If there is no outside play space, how will you make sure my child gets the chance to play outside?
5. Where will my child rest?
6. What food and drink will you give?